There is no answer to how much it costs to rent an RV. RV rental prices can vary due to many factors. These prices can vary by location, and how long is it rented. It also depends on the type of RV. Apart from this, additional hidden costs include mileage, insurance, and many other factors. These are certain factors due to which the price might vary. But, if we need to arrive at an answer, we can factor in a few considerations. Finalizing the average cost associated with renting different RVs is easy once you are done with deep research and contemplation. You can also get a few tips on getting the most from your RV rental!
Are you wondering about How to rent an RV for a road trip?
The Average RV rental costs can vary basis the vehicle types and locations. The average price can range from $150 to $400 but, this is completely dependent on what kind of vehicle you need.
How to Find the Right RV Rental Cost
Below are the average costs of RVs by class and vehicle type. There are various factors affecting the cost of RV.
1. Class and Vehicle Types
The popular brands of Class A RVs have an average price between $175 to $450. Class A RVs are expensive. The luxury RV rental prices are high as they are spacious for everyone including, the weekend users to full-time users. Class A RVs provide more amenities and luxury to the users. The average price for renting Class A vehicles can be between $175-$275 (10+) or $350-$450 (Newer).
Scroll down to know How much does it cost to rent a motorhome?
The popular brands of Class B motorhomes rental have an average price between $100 to $350. Class B RVs are semi-luxurious and spacious and are great for people who want a good experience at an economical price. Class B RVs provide more amenities to the users than Class C RVs. The average price for renting Class B vehicles can be between $100-$200 (10+) or $200-$350 (Newer).
Super C Class is an affordable alternative to the Class A RVs. The popular brands of Class C RVs have an average price between $150 to $300. Class C RVs are affordable and economical for everyone. These vehicles are used by weekend users and also by full-time users. The average price for renting Class C vehicles can be between $150-$200 (10+) or $225-$400 (Newer).
A 5th wheel camper is much safer to operate. A 5th wheel camper puts the weight on the truck bed. This makes it easy to manoeuvre a trailer and increases its stability. The average price for renting a Fifth Wheels vehicle can be somewhere between $60-$150 (10+) or $150-$300 (Newer).
A pop-up camper is a towed recreational vehicle that can be converted for easy transport and storage. When it is set up, this trailer provides a large space. The average price for renting a Pop-up camper can be somewhere between $30-$100 (10+) or $100-$150 (Newer).
If you want to rent a travel trailer, you should look at the prices. It is the most popular type of RV. It comes in a variety of sizes to fit the user’s needs. The average price for renting travel trailers can be between $50-$125 (10+) or $125-$200 (Newer).
2. Age of RV
There are some age requirements while renting an RV. The minimum age of the RV can vary by state, and by the rental company. It is vital to manage due diligence before planning a vacation with the RV.
3. Trip Duration
One of the vital factors to consider is the trip duration concerning your location. Costs for an RV vary for various trip lengths.
4. Luxury Facilities
The costs for the RV also vary as per the facilities and amenities. These facilities increase the costs.
- RV Campsite Rates & Fees: You also must keep the costs of the campsite while renting an RV.
- Cost of Fuel and Mileage: It’s vital to understand that a vast majority of RV rental companies want the gas tank of the RV to be filled while returning it. If the RV is returned with an empty gas tank, the company charges the cost of filling a gas tank.
5. Other Costs
- Cleaning Fees: The average RV can be between 20 to 27 feet in length. Getting it thoroughly washed and waxed can cost somewhere between $150 – and $200. Additionally, getting it inside cleaned can cost somewhere between $50 – and $150. This makes the average cost of having an RV completely cleaned between $200 and $350.
- Taxes: As the RV doesn’t have to stay in one location, you have to pay sales tax for the rental. The sales tax that is paid on RV rentals differs by state. If you rent an RV in the current year, there can be a cap on sales tax on the RV rental
- Attraction Entrance fees: A service fee or entrance fee is charged for all reservations for an RV. This fee covers the cost of processing reservations online and at parks. It is non-refundable and, there is an additional cancellation fee if you want to cancel a reservation.
- Insurance: The RV might also need insurance if you want to own it for a longer duration. You must pay insurance for the rental. The insurance money is paid on RV rentals and this may differ by state. If you rent an RV in the current year, there can be a cap on insurance on the RV rental
If you are contemplating renting an RV, it is significant to know the average rental costs. The information above will help you know how much you will have to spend while renting an RV. The age, manufacturer, and condition of the vehicle will influence the costs. So the additional features also influence the cost. The extras factors will drive the costs up or down. The average RV prices can be looked at to understand while budgeting for your RV.